I have been lucky enough to have fun and learn a lot while I developed MuTE.
- PhD in Statistical Data Analysis at Ghent University, Gent, Belgium. 2016
- MSc degree in Physics at University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy. 2012
- BSc degree in Physics at University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy. 2008
- Advanced programming skills in MATLAB
- Good programming skills in Python. I am improving them on a daily basis
- Use of Latex as document generator platform
- Strong background in machine learning and information theory
- Good web design skills
- Development, implementation and applications of new approaches to assess directed causal links among time series in a data driven fashion
- The new methods being developed in many frameworks, such as information theory, machine learning (ex. artificial neural networks, support vector machines), statistics
- Data mining on large data sets by means of machine learning techniques
Neural networks with non-uniform embedding and explicit validation phase to assess Granger causality . In: Neural Networks, 2015.
MuTE: A MATLAB Toolbox to Compare Established and Novel Estimators of the Multivariate Transfer Entropy. In: PloS one, 9 (10), pp. e109462, 2014.
A linear approach for sparse coding by a two-layer neural network. In: Neurocomputing, 149, Part C , pp. 1315 - 1323, 2015, ISSN: 0925-2312.
Cardiorespiratory Information Dynamics during Mental Arithmetic and Sustained Attention. In: PLoS ONE, 10 (6), pp. e0129112, 2015.
Lag-Specific Transfer Entropy as a Tool to Assess Cardiovascular and Cardiorespiratory Information Transfer. In: Biomedical Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, 61 (10), pp. 2556-2568, 2014, ISSN: 0018-9294.
Interictal cardiorespiratory variability in temporal lobe and absence epilepsy in childhood. In: Physiological Measurement, 36 (4), pp. 845, 2015.
MuTE: A new Matlab toolbox for estimating the multivariate Transfer entropy in physiological variability series. In: Cardiovascular Oscillations (ESGCO), 2014 8th Conference of the European Study Group on, pp. 59-60, 2014.
Comparing model-free and model-based transfer entropy estimators in cardiovascular variability. In: Computing in Cardiology Conference (CinC), 2013, pp. 747-750, 2013, ISSN: 2325-8861.
Information dynamics in cardiorespiratory time series during mental stress testing. In: Cardiovascular Oscillations (ESGCO), 2014 8th Conference of the European Study Group on, pp. 23-24, 2014.
Information dynamics in cardiorespiratory analyses: Application to controlled breathing. In: Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 2014 36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE, pp. 6353-6356, 2014, ISSN: 1557-170X.
Information decomposition of short-term cardiovascular and cardiorespiratory variability. In: Computing in Cardiology Conference (CinC), 2013, pp. 113-116, 2013, ISSN: 2325-8861.
Awards and Grants
- May 2014: 8th European Study Group on Cardiovascular Oscillations (ESGCO 2014); Best Poster Prize
- September 2015: FWO Grant For Long Stay Abroad